Friday, September 11, 2015

More inspiration!

I've always had a love for the clothing and armour of other cultures/time periods.
In particular, I have been looking at traditional clothing from Dynasty era, Tibet and other parts of central Asia. These designs appeal to me over traditional fantasy armour, which is usually based on English knighthood wear. Don't get me wrong, I like fantasy knights in shiny armour as much as the next guy, but to me the nomadic approach is a much subtler and aesthetically more pleasing.

These traditional outfits are bright and colourful, featuring many interesting layer combinations that I wouldn't have normally considered when suiting a character. I would very much like to incorporate these kind of outfits in my project. 

(above)
The asymmetry of the shoulder/arms is a really interesting concept here.


The hood/shawls here are intriguing, and steer away from the "armour" look.
I feel that my character(s) should be more suited for travel than defense.





No comments:

Post a Comment