Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Rendered Character Pipeline

Creating costume-themed moodboards for visual research. I applied these to the existing character thumbnails i'd previously created, using the newly gained information to enhance the design of the character. This character started out fairly strong, but looking back i'm slightly unhappy with the finished look of the coloured sketch. I'm not sure if it's the flat background or just the shading I did but it sticks out for me. The colours chosen were referenced from previous studies into the costumes and clothing of the Han Dynasty, with this particular character wearing my stylized version of a Hanfu. 

With each set of character turnarounds, I tried to create a small variant in costume to allow for even more ideas to come through. This meant changing the outfit slightly, such as the image below where I removed the characters scarf and belt, whilst I made some design changes to the hanging parts of the silk robe.




No comments:

Post a Comment