Monday, March 21, 2016

Final Image Process




This is the development process behind this particular final image. After consideration to a couple of the environment thumbnails, I combined 2 previous ideas. I liked the scale of image one, but the composition of the second thumbnail. I decided to try and create a valley of trees, as is prominent in modern depictions of Asiatic landscapes. Using the studies previously created from Bonsai and other familiarly structured flora, I set about creating this piece. The giant is dressed in a Hanfu, as previously researched. The oranges and purples used were inspired by the previous analysis of Tibetan monks, in co-ordination with the lush green natural environment. I'm fairly happy with this piece, there are a few things I would change for the future. The bright colour palette still seems a little too yellowed to me, but this is something weeks of staring at it has done. I'm happy with the scale created, and I feel as though the piece does ring slightly of a fantasy/Asiatic setting.






Above is one of the final images for my research project. I'm actually pretty proud of this. Also considering using part of it for the poster in the showcase. After analysing the designs of bonsai trees, and other flora native to Eastern Asia, I used the gained information to imbue this design with life, utilizing their colour palette too. In terms of success, I feel this piece was reasonably successful at incorporating the gathered visual culture information and displaying it as part of a concept art piece. 

No comments:

Post a Comment