Monday, October 5, 2015

Getting specific

At the moment I am trying to converge my research and ideas into a more linear and specific region, so that I can properly study and learn from specific areas to a research question. At the moment, my research is around the lines of:

For my research (and dissertation) I plan to explore how current media, specifically game and film/tv,
draw influence and depict non-western cultures, and how this is represented visually. I plan to explore the definition and essence of culture, and how this has an impact on character and environment design.

Furthermore, I will explore how a culture can be formed visually, and how this can be used to "worldbuild" within concept art and design. I plan to research and practice how cultural iconography and visual design can be applied practically through concept art.

- Something along those lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment