Thursday, October 29, 2015

Environment thumbnails

This week i've been looking at environment artists as well as concept designers. More specifically, how I can improve my own concept design pipeline and overall visual aesthetic. In particular, I struggle with creating depth, so this project is helping improve my understanding of environments and depth.



 I chose to focus on thumbnails at this point as I feel like it would be a good place to start regarding my project, which I hope to conclude with a large portfolio of design, covering characters, environments and all the elements necessary to build a visual world. Using the information gathered from my research on visual culture, I hope to improve my own concept art work, as well as collate my newly gained knowledge to further enhance my abilities as a concept designer.


The bottom right image I tried to replicate the colour scheme and landscape forms of a traditional Japanese town.


No comments:

Post a Comment