Sunday, April 24, 2016

Reflection!

As the submission draws close, I am currently tidying and ensuring that my blog and portfolio are in order. This marks one of the last submissions i'll ever have at Abertay! It's been a ride. Looking back at the work i've produced this year, i'm a mixture of excitement, happiness and anxiety. When I began this research, I knew I wanted to produce concept art, for film, games, whoever would take it. From where I stand now, it seems that little bit more possible. Throughout the honours year, i've collated a pretty sizeable portfolio of work, and the brief chosen allowed me to explore many aspects of concept art, from blue-sky character sketches to high-polished environment art, concluding in my own published portfolio book, showing this process.

But enough about that, time to look over the project as a whole.
I believe my character design has improved in both a visual sense and a pipeline sense, meaning that i've improved in both creative abilities and scheduling. Each stage of iteration through the character design pipeline came faster than the last, and as I completed my project, I feel like I was at my peak ability, which is both something to be proud of and a curse, as I now look back at my earlier work and think "i could've done X or changed Y". But no matter, it just means i'm improving.


I think the pipeline is fairly clear, and the framework created throughout the project allowed for the interpretation and analysis of visual culture, which could then be applied to my own designs. As the document continues, I tried to steer further from the exact existing culture, creating my own concept designs imbued with this culture. 



No comments:

Post a Comment